Since the ancient time Myths and belief has always play an important part within Thai society. Some has divided beliefs into several types and stages ranging from ignorance into legends of myths, beliefs and faith which involve and derived from the people in terms of lifestyle, tradition, local society, government, which can be simply classified as follows.
- Beliefs in the meaning of a dream which will foreseen future
- Beliefs about the location of an objects and places; The Chinese call it Feng Shui. For example, building one house will require the direction and placement of all the objects in the house, it is believed that the positive and negative effect on various aspects.
- Auspicious beliefs also play an important and influential to life. It will determine your success or failure, such as your Date of Birth, which month, what time, the positioning of your star, they are all belief to influence human beings
- Belief in the good meaning of name and wording, as our life will tend to result in the meaning of word we use for ourselves.
- The local culture also has its own beliefs and traditions in living their own life in specific area, which will derived from the local people themselves
- Beliefs in the sacred object, amulets and mystery , something which can not be explained.
This bring us into the faith and belief in seeking and trying to find something that will make their life better, ward away from dangers and all negativity in life. Thai amulets has then become a major part in all people's life, people belief that amulet can granted their wishes, bring them success, good fortune, peace and prosperity as well as protection and many more. It is a purely faith and belief and the mysterious that keep Thai Amulets alive until today.
Next time, we will be exploring each kind of Thai amulets and how it has derived into our society.