New amulets available in shop :
- Thai amulet Phraya Sue Jak Narai, Lp Thongkum, Wat Tum Ta Pien Thong, copper material
- Thai amulets Phraya Moo Sethtee, Lp Whan, Wat Klongkoon,
- Thai amulets Phra Pirab Buchakru edition, Phra Aj Suthep (Ung) , Wat Cherngwai
- Original Thai amulets Locket Joa Ngor, Wat Nok Pak Talay bringing the best of good fortune.
New amulets available in Shop
Thai amulets Putta Baramee By Lp Neankeaw, Looplor loyong mini Buddha statue, bring peace and prosperity. New stock of Thai amulets Teavee Ha Tanhee by Mea Ya Hong (upon many request) and special Mea Per in Loha Arthan Lp Key. Lastly new launches Thai amulets Hoon Payon WaiKru'61 by the very famous Aj San Kongveth. All come in waterproof casing.
Phra Somdej Whak Mann , Nhun 1000 Larn edition blessed by Phra Kru Vichaisarakhun (Lp Nhun), Wat Puttamoke, Sakonnakorn province.
Purpose of doing the amulet, all money goes to rebuild Seana Sanasonk for 3 temples
- Wat Puttamoke
- Wat Nadeae
- Wat Charoensilp
Phra Somdej Whak Mann - Whak in Thai means open, this Phra Somdej will help you to get through all your problems, receiving wealth and good fortune in your daily life. It was blessed to help you to receive good luck in your life and be protected by angles above.
Coming up in Shop soon.
Thai amulets Rien (coin) Toa Vethsuwan "Sethtee edition" Wat Tum, Yala province (available in June 2018)
Legendary of Yaksa of Lungasuga, Rien Toavethsuwan Sethtee edition, approximatelt 2.2 cm diameter, all stamped with code number from the temple, the blessing ceremony will be taken place on the 5th of May and the amulet will be available from early June.
Toe Vethsuwan will bring the very best of luck and great fortune as well as keep protection for the worshiper, ward away any dangers, protect from curses and unseen spirits to harm you.
Phra Pidta literally means the covering of the eyes or the closing of the eyes or as we normally called as the closed eyes Buddha.
Phra Pidta Thai amulet often features a Buddha with four arms to six arms covering up the 2 eyes, 2 ears, nose, mouth, face (also count as one part) and lastly heart (assuming), presenting the acting call Sum Ruam R-Tarayana 6 meaning to restrain for all 6sense by closed up 9 Tavarn.
Normally Phra Pidta can be determined into 3 different category
1. Phra Pidta Maha Ut ; Sitting position and closed all 9 Tavarn, usually made from metal Loha material. Mainly blessed for protection and Klewklad.
2. Phra Pidta Koa Nirot Sombat (Pak-Ka-Wam) ; Sitting in Samadhi position, the closing part might depends on the maker to decide, normally made from Mekkasit materials. Normally blessed and effective for protection and invulnerable.
3. Phra Pidta Sitting in Khad Smadhi position with 2 hands covering up the face (can be called as Phra Kwam Pa Ti) ; Normally made from mixed holy powder and effective for Metta Mahalarp, Saneh, Metta Maha Niyom.
Phra Pidta is known to bring fortune. It is also known to keep one safe from evil. Usually, those who engage in high risk occupations or work under dangerous circumstances are more likely to opt to wear Phra Pidta amulet. The meaning of the closed eyes in Buddhist philosophy describes this as an imagery that one is not exposed to the evil around. One is also not concerned about the evil and its wrongdoings. Hence, one doesn’t indulge in the rumors, foul mouthing, nefarious acts and any kind of crime. One remains immune to villainous acts and thus one is protected from all kinds of misgivings and ill-fortunes as a result. Phra Pidta Thai amulet can help with improving luck and increasing wealth. It also helps facilitate wise business investments.
The Picture feature : Thai amulets Phra Pidta Back Phra Rahu Om Moon
"Song Num" edition B.E. 2557, Nur Pong Bailarn powder Pad Thong (gold mask)
Embeded with 3 takrut, blessed gems, leklai, Lp's hair, Lp's monk cloth.
Lp. Key Wat Sreelumyong, Surint Province and selection of Thai amulets Phra Pidta in Metal materials.
Since the ancient time Myths and belief has always play an important part within Thai society. Some has divided beliefs into several types and stages ranging from ignorance into legends of myths, beliefs and faith which involve and derived from the people in terms of lifestyle, tradition, local society, government, which can be simply classified as follows.
- Beliefs in the meaning of a dream which will foreseen future
- Beliefs about the location of an objects and places; The Chinese call it Feng Shui. For example, building one house will require the direction and placement of all the objects in the house, it is believed that the positive and negative effect on various aspects.
- Auspicious beliefs also play an important and influential to life. It will determine your success or failure, such as your Date of Birth, which month, what time, the positioning of your star, they are all belief to influence human beings
- Belief in the good meaning of name and wording, as our life will tend to result in the meaning of word we use for ourselves.
- The local culture also has its own beliefs and traditions in living their own life in specific area, which will derived from the local people themselves
- Beliefs in the sacred object, amulets and mystery , something which can not be explained.
This bring us into the faith and belief in seeking and trying to find something that will make their life better, ward away from dangers and all negativity in life. Thai amulets has then become a major part in all people's life, people belief that amulet can granted their wishes, bring them success, good fortune, peace and prosperity as well as protection and many more. It is a purely faith and belief and the mysterious that keep Thai Amulets alive until today.
Next time, we will be exploring each kind of Thai amulets and how it has derived into our society.